Jam

I am starting to feel like a pioneer woman. Really I wanted some strawberry freezer jam because I absolutely love that stuff. I told a couple friends about making jam a couple years ago and it turned into a weekly canning session for the last three weeks. We canned strawberry freezer jam, peach freezer jam, gape cooked jam, and pickles.
We are official caners baby! Kevin's mom provided the fresh peaches off of her tree which were so good. Angelee provided the cucumbers from and friends garden and pure grape juice made by a friend, and we bought the fresh strawberries from farmers market here in Oroville. It was actually pretty cool to figure out together how to make the stuff. At one point we all thought of what our mothers used to do and were able to figure out how to seal the jars. And yes the pickles did finally seal today, was a little worried about that one.
Thanks Rae and Angelee for motivating me into canning.

Comments

Angelee said…
yours sealed? ok. i'm going to go check my again. what's next?
You were supposed to tell me when you can. i want to!!!
valumama said…
way to go! I have been canning like mad lately too, it is so rewarding, and so beautiful!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Girls Started Preschool. Wow Their first day of school.

Gabriella Ann Robertson