Potty training moment.

So on Tuesday afternoon I realized that I was having the missionaries over for dinner at 6 pm. By this time the kids were napping and it was near 1:00. I realized that I needed to go to the store to get some food for a nice dinner. Typically when I'm not caught up with my grocery shopping I would have just put something together real quick from the pantry. However I felt the missionaries deserved better. So I picked Jaydn up from school by 2:30 and ventured out to the grocery store with all 4 of my kiddos. Ella went potty right before we left so I figured I had about one hour until she needed to go again. Plenty of time to get the shopping I needed done for dinner and get back home. So we went to the bread store then went to Food Maxx. Of course you see a ton of people who you know when you are in a hurry and they all feel like it is catch up time at the store. I would think that just seeing a mom with 4 kids crawling in and out of the cart would be enough of a clue to keep it short with a hi. Young moms have a limited time frame with our kids at the store before the store is torn apart and your ready to sell your kids to those who think they are so cute. Anyway, so I found some killer deals on a couple of items. One being lunch meat. With the coupon that was attached you ended up paying only 44 cents for the lunch meat. Again when you are feeding 4 little kiddos you jump on sales like this. So I bought about 22 packages. Then another sale on fruit snacks, with the coupon you only paid 64 cents for a box of fruit snacks, so another sale I jumped on and bought 12 boxes. So the kids were being pretty good the entire time and then it was check out time. I am usually pretty organized when it comes to loading sales and coupons on the conveyor belt so the cashier can have an easy experience. Well as half the groceries are loaded Ella starts to scream, " Potty Mama Potty. This was right after the Lady told me that I would have to have three separate transactions for the fruit snacks. I was able to get one transaction in as Ella screams, "Potty Mama Potty". So I look at the lady and ask if I can run her to the bathroom because she is new at going potty. Poor lady had half of my groceries on the conveyor belt and half in the basket. Then she had to take off 22 coupons from this meat and scan them all in. So she tells me to go to the bathroom and come back to pay after which she calls for a second cashiers help. We made it to the bathroom. All the kids went potty and when we came back there was a cashier finishing our groceries, one on her side with the 22 coupons, and another one who had bagged all of my groceries. I was so grateful for the service I received and a little embarrassed that it took 3 cashiers to check me out. But the experience was definitely memorable for me and the long line of patient customers behind me. Thank you Food Maxx!

Comments

Carlson Clan said…
haha good job Liz!!! Couponing can be stressful sometimes...and you did it with all 4 kids and one potty training, go you!!! I totally got a bunch of lunchmeat there too and I have to go back to get some of those fruitsnacks but I have other coupons I can use one them to make them even less woohoo!
Karen said…
great story biz! I can picture the whole thing going down!

Popular posts from this blog

The Girls Started Preschool. Wow Their first day of school.

Gabriella Ann Robertson